Okemos, Mich. —The Delta Dental Foundation (DDF) recently awarded more than $160,000 in community mini-grants to 40 community-based oral health programs and organizations in Michigan, Ohio and Indiana. This second round of grants follows $170,000 of funding earlier this year.
“We’re investing in oral health equity at the community level,” said Holli Seabury, EdD, executive director of the DDF. “These grants have a small but mighty impact filling gaps within our public health system.”
The goal of the Community Mini-Grants program is to increase dental access to increase dental access to historically and systemically disadvantaged communities, provide educational programming on the importance of oral health and how it relates to overall health, and reduce oral health disparities related to oral and overall health. Each grant was limited to a maximum of $5,000.
Recipients were selected based on the number of people served (and the impact of the program on said population), the program’s originality, the program’s level of community involvement and the applicant’s ability to measure success. This year’s grantees include:
- B.A.S.S., Inc.
- Children’s Museum of Branch County
- Clinton County RESA
- Detroit Public Schools Foundation
- Early Learning Neighborhood Collaborative
- Gary Burnstein Community Health Clinic
- Great Lakes Bay Health Centers
- Holland Free Health Clinic
- Hope Against Trafficking
- Hope Medical Clinic, Inc.
- Macomb Community College Dental Hygiene Clinic
- Malta Dental and Medical Clinic
- Metropolitan Children and Youth Inc., United Children and Family Head Start
- Michigan Health Council
- Pope Francis Center
- Second Chance at Life, Inc.
- The Color of Autism Foundation
- Van Buren/Cass District Health Department
- Care Alliance Health Center
- Compassionate Care of Shelby County, Inc.
- HOLA Ohio
- Kno-Ho-Co-Ashland Community Action Commission
- Lutheran Social Services of Central Ohio
- Muskingum Valley Health Centers
- PrimaryOne Health
- Ross County Community Action Commission Inc.
- Stowe Mission
- The Ohio State University College of Dentistry
- University of Toledo Foundation
- Bashor Children’s Home
- ECHO Community Health Care, Inc
- Gennesaret Free Clinics
- Healthy Smiles of Indiana, Inc.
- HOPE Family Care Center
- Indiana Immunization Coalition
- Ivy Tech Community College
- McMillen Health
- Trinity Free Clinic, Inc.
- Trustees of Indiana University
The next round of Community Mini-grants will open on March 13, 2023.